The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity under the direction of Governor Pritzker, have developed the following precautions and operational restrictions outlined below, which permit golf as a recreational activity, effective 6 am, May 1st, 2020. In addition to the general social distancing standards as part of the Stay at Home Order, Coyote Run Golf Course and its golfers will need to abide by the following guidelines:
Booking a Tee Time
- The Pro shop and Clubhouse will remain closed.
- Tee times are required for all players and must be paid by credit card over the telephone (708.957.8700) or online (coyote-run-golf-course.play.teeitup.com) only. No walk-ons or cash accepted.
- Tee-times will begin at 6:30 am.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Players shall be grouped in ONLY twosomes.
- The putting green, driving range and practice course will remain closed to limit gatherings.
- All 18-hole play will begin off the first tee.
- 15 minutes between tee-times.
- Visit coyoterungolf.com/rates for current greens fees.
Clubhouse and Wiley’s
- The Pro Shop and Clubhouse are closed. Washrooms are open.
- Wiley’s is open and will offer food and beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol) for carryout. Once you are on the course, you may place an order by calling 708.957.8774 and pick up your order at Wiley’s back porch. The menu and more information can be found at wileysgrill.com/index.php/menu and menus will also be posted on the course.
Riding Carts and Pull Carts
- No motorized golf carts may be used on course.
- Only privately-owned pull carts may be utilized, rental of pull carts from the course will not be allowed.
Changes on the Course
- Putting cups will have foam inserted in the cup to eliminate the need to insert one’s entire hand in to the cup.
- Flagsticks cannot be removed from the cup.
- Water stations will not be available.
- All rakes, benches, ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
Individual Player Restrictions and Guidelines
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play.
- In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play.
- Golf must carry, push or pull their own clubs and no walk-a-longs, or spectators.
- Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment needed to play golf. Pro shop merchandise cannot be sold at this time.
- Insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round.
- Players shall maintain adequate physical distancing between other twosomes.
- Golfers should pick up their own ball.
- Each player must handle their own scorecard.
- Bring your own water/sports drink, towel, and snack.
- Do not use the public drinking fountain or ball cleaner.
- Leave the flag in place while putting and smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or foot.
- Put on your golf shoes at your vehicle.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end.
- No Physical contact between players including handshakes at the beginning of the round or at the 18th hole.